The School Library of Delhi Public school International Kampala is fully automated with state-of-the-art facilities and well stocked with a record number of books, periodicals, magazines, journals national dailies etc. Students are advised to make optimum use of library resources, maintain absolute silence and extend courtesy to the “temple of knowledge” by observing the following rules:
1. All students must come to the library in a single line according to their role-numbers.
2. The reader’s ticket card will be issued at the beginning of the session and has to be returned at the close
of each session to the librarian. In case of worn out or lost card, an amount of USD 10/- will be charged
with an application from parents.
3. The library has an “open access system” i.e., the children are allowed to go directly to the shelves and take
books of their own choice.
4. The students are not allowed to bring their personal belongings or books into the library.
5. Books are issued to students of classes IV-XII for 7 days and can be reissued, if not demanded by anyone else.
6. No reference books will be issued to any student.
7. In case of not returning the issued book on due date, the defaulter will have to pay a fine of USD 1/-per day,
otherwise, he/she has to pay an amount equal to four times the cost of the book.
8. In case of books marked, disfigured, damaged or lost it will have to be replaced by the borrower.
9. In case of need, photocopies of the relevant material for the reserved section of the library can be made available.
The student has to pay UGX 200/-per copy.
10. When leaving the library, chairs must be pushed under the table without creating noise.
11. If library rules are not observed, the facilities of the same may be withdrawn from the student for a specific
period of time.