Our Best Students in the Class 12 CBSE Board Examinations 2018.
The DPS, International library promotes literacy, fosters a love of reading, and helps students and staff use ideas, information, and technology effectively. It is a well organised library; well-spaced and well set. It well stocked with thousands of books on various topics. The book shelves are side-by-side, of an expansive, well lit and organised room at the top most floor of the building. This offers a quiet environment, away from any destruction.
The School library has sections ranging from textbooks and reference books to fiction and general knowledge. Since the school aims at making learning a fun process, there is an assortment of books and magazines available on general topics and separate sections for hobby-related books, books on travel, animal care, short stories, drama, poetry, astrology and other topics.
The school subscribes to various dailies, weekly and monthly journals, newsletters and magazines, which includes National and International publications.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books inside the library. One notebook may be brought with the permission of the librarian.
- All students must get books issued before taking them out of the library.
- Any reader who damages the furniture, spoils the library property shall have to make up for the damage.
- No reader is allowed to remove/shift library furniture from one place to another unless directed to do so.
- The school library is open to all bonafide students of the school from 8 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on all working days. All classes are provided with at least one library period per week.
- Each student of Classes II to XII is issued a library card with a photograph. One book is issued for a period of two weeks at a time.
- Students are allowed to borrow books only on their own cards.
- They must maintain absolute silence in the library.
- Books marked, disfigured, damaged, OR Lost will have to be replaced or paid for, by the borrower.
- The library has an open shelf system and students must help to maintain order and organization in the different shelves. They must put the books on the tables after consultation, and not just anywhere on the shelves.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books or belongings into the library.
- Any child found damaging or defacing a book; will be debarred from using the library for the whole academic year.
- Reference books, magazines and periodical publications are to be read in the library only.