Next Term Starts on 15th/May/2017,
A swimming pool is an effective and fun-filled way not only to keep the summer heat away but also one of the best exercises to keep our body fit. Safety of our children is ensured under the supervision of teachers and trained coaches with a splash of love to make swimming an enjoyable experience.
Athletics is an exclusive collection of sporting events that involves competitive running, jumping, throwing, and walking. The most common types of athletics competitions are track and field events. The simplicity of the competitions, and the lack of a need for expensive equipment, makes athletics one of the most commonly competed sports in the world.
We at Delhi Public School International Kampala aim to develop in our students: knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver enjoyable and engaging running, jumping and throwing lessons that focus on maximum participation; increasing understanding; and skill acquisition based upon high quality technical models.
SWIMMING POOL REGULATIONS:
- All swimmers will have to produce a medical certificate certifying that they are medically fit for swimming and do not suffer from any disease.
- Delhi Public School International Kampala Swimming Pool is a private pool, and its facilities may be used only by registered and authorized members of the school.
- The locker key should be with the student all the time, either tied to the wrist or pinned to the swimming trunk. Please do not leave it with attendants.
- Those who are beginners must INFORM THE CLASS TEACHER AND INSTRUCTORS AT SWIMMING POOL.
- All swimmers should swim in proper costumes and bring with them towels, soaps etc. The swimmers are not allowed to wear ornaments.
- The students should wash their feet before entering the pool.
- Nails should be short and trimmed, and no slippers or shoes should be worn while swimming.
- Students using the swimming pool do so at their own risk. The school will not be responsible for any injury or accident. No claim for compensation will be entertained in case of a mishap.
- Flotation devices are permissible in the pool, but only of such size as to accommodate one individual person.
- Before entering the pool, all the members must contact the coach. The Life Guard Safety Precautions, as enforced by the Life Guard, must be observed.
- The school may vary, or increase the swimming fee, without prior intimation.
- All instructions given by the Principals or theirnominees should be strictly followed.
- The students are not permitted to spit either on the dock or in the water.
- The school reserves the right to restrict entry, or remove from the pool premises, any student whose character, appearance, manner or conductis unacceptable to the school authorities. Under such circumstances, school AUTHORITIES reserves the rightto impose fine as well and cancel swimming classes for suchstudents for the whole academic session.
- Changes made in the school regulations will be intimated to all students and shall be binding in all circumstances.