The knowledge and skills gained during the Middle School years equip the students with a firm academic foundation to pursue a variety of educational options in the future. At this stage, students have the choice of a curriculum leading to the All India Secondary School Examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi.
At the onset of Secondary school, we try to connect our students’ natural strengths and bent of mind, and channel them through languages and subjects of their choice. By this time, the child’s mind, filled with scientific curiosity, is catalyzed by a growing objectivity. Knowledge, and an activity-based approach to the sciences, makes the child think in more inventive ways. The humanities, fine arts, performing arts and a host of co-curricular activities including sports, prepare the child for a wholesome and liberal attitude to life and relationships.
The Secondary School Programme
The Secondary Years comprise Grades 9 and 10. The school has accreditations from the CBSE.
CBSE is more content-oriented and has its mainstay in giving students a solid foundation in theoretical knowledge.
- Developing the skills of articulation in written and oral communication – the focus is on analysis and application of information assimilated from various sources.
- . Information Technology is integral to our curriculum and we deliver a very successful and effective student computer program.
- Our assessments prescribe international benchmarks and are carried out based on observations, projects, activities, research and presentations, and regular assessments. Authentic, application-based and evaluative learning methods are encouraged in place of mere rote learning.
- Bi-annual Summative term exams – for Grade 9 &10, there are structured and Pre-Final exams as well, to orient students about the expectations of the Board Exam.
- Extended learning opportunities in the form of field trips and guest lectures.
- Weekly student-led assemblies.
- Student council
- Co-Curricular activities include sports, PE and exposure to inter house cultural, fine arts and oratorical events. Students of Grades 9 and 10 also choose one co-curricular activity that they will aim to excel at during the course of the academic year.